Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:56:20 -0800
From: Rick Crelia <rick.crelia@...gonstate.edu>
To: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdyson@...achery.net>
Cc: Bugtraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked

Well, it's been a while since I had statistics, but I'd say those
observed deltas for the Op-Scan Precinct table look mighty damn
improbable, especially compared to the corresponding numbers in
the table for the Touch Screen votes:

 http://ustogether.org/Florida_Election.htm

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that much, nor
to expect a similar pattern of results between the two data sets
given their otherwise strongly shared commonalities. Ok, maybe a
science-oriented person, but definitely not a NASA guru.

I think it's relevant to Bugtraq at least as much as anything
Diebold-related has been before the election.  Before, we simply had
a bunch of conspiracy theories about a oddly designed voting system
from a less than forthcoming corporation which tried to cover up the
(now public) exposure of myriad security problems with said system.

Of course, now there's a little more at stake than just conspiracy
theories about big bad companies and crappy software. It's about
the integrity of our national elections. I am a big fan of *lots*
of discussion when it comes to the topic of someone possibly playing
parlor games with the electorate and our political welfare. No matter
which candidate wins an election, the results should be supportable
by a verifiable, immutable audit trail from vote to tabulation. With
the use of central tabulation systems from Diebold and what we know
about them (and did know about them prior to 11/2/2004) we do not
have that sort of audit trail.

--rc

--
Rick Crelia - rick.crelia@...gonstate.edu

p.s.

BTW, your PGP key sig below doesn't match the one on your website, so
I have to assume that this post was from the guy who has presumably
been jacking your sig, according to the note on your home page.

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:55:34AM -0800, Jay D. Dyson spake thusly: