Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:13:26 -1000
From: Jason Coombs <jasonc@...ence.org>
To: Paul Schmehl <pauls@...allas.edu>
Cc: intertwingled@...st.net, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Re: Your One-Stop Site For Sony Lawsuit Info

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> So, all those corporate execs walked out of the court house in handcuffs
> weren't really going to jail?

There's a huge difference between a financial crime committed by an
individual and a crime committed by a corporation.

Let me know if the distinction confuses you and we'll discuss this more
privately. You are aware that not every action of a person employed by a
corporation is considered an action of the individual, right?

No individual programmer who writes spyware will ever be prosecuted for
doing his or her job on behalf of a corporation. No exec who instructs
said programmer to author said spyware will ever have personal criminal
liability for giving said instruction.

If you don't like the world you live in, change it or get out.

Regards,

Jason Coombs
jasonc@...ence.org