Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:17:58 +0300
From: ArkanoiD <ark@...ex.net>
To: Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, firewall-wizards@...or.icsalabs.com
Subject: Re: Announcement: The Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria v1 Released

nuqneH,

Well, again, what we actually need is higher level inspecton toolkit
to deal with protocols working over http. That makes the whole thing useful
and we get the idea of firewall working again - now it does not.
(this applies to traditional proxy firewalls as well as to w.a.f. as reverse
proxy etc). Once we can work with the protocol, we can define a kind of
policy on that layer.

A good thing to start with is xml-based protocols, isn't it?
Any known implementation or just work in progress? I'd like to do it
myself but i'm afraid i do not have sufficient resources for now.

I cc this to firewall-wizards mailing list, it may be of some interest
there.