Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:57:30 +0100 (CET)
From: Christine Kronberg <Christine_Kronberg@...ua.de>
To: Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: new linux malware

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Gadi Evron wrote:

> Today, we received a notification about a new Linux malware ItW (In the
> Wild).

   They are not exactly new. I've seen them floating around for about
   two months now. There a different binaries running around doing the
   same work (different the way that they have been compiled on different
   linux distributions). Part of that work is to be distributed by trying
   to get in via vulnerable php scripts. Look to me like being part of a
   worm.

   Cheers,

                                                     Christine Kronberg.

--