Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:35:31 +0300
From: ArkanoiD <ark@...ex.net>
To: Jon Gucinski <Jgucinski@...westbank.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Vulnerabilites in new laws on computer hacking

nuqneH,

Well, actually, 12-13 years ago it was almost impossible for an individual
to build a reasonable test network. Not to mention 80s, when i started
to play with big mainframes. And, while it is easy to emulate software
environment, it is not possible to imitate data flow and common corporate
network administration flaws. Now we get some statistical papers published
at least - back in early 90s there were two ways to get hands-on expirience:
to break in or to get hired. Second one was a matter of pure luck for a
teenager, right? Almost impossible for most of us. Expecially here in Russia.
(and we did not have any computer laws anyways, but if we did i doubt it
could stop us ;-)

But i still think expirience i got while being a bad buy is VERY valuable.

And i think if we don't have all those teenagers aroung we'd be much more
vulnerable to attacks.