Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:24:39 +0100 (CET)
From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij@...derkooij.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Solaris telnet vulnberability - how many on your network?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, jf wrote:

>> There have also been too many times in the past when they have been proven correct to ignore the possibility any longer.
>
> Hi, in what instances has the conjecture that a bug was a deliberate
> backdoor been proven correct?

If Peter is crying WOLF all the time. The one time he sees one, no one
will notice it. That is how humans work.

If wa start crying 'backdoor' all the time who will notice it anymore if
there truly is one. But untill reasonable arguments based on code audits
or other reliable sources are presented we must assume that other human
quality prevailed: Humans make errors. Even very silly ones at times.

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij@...derkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/