Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:39:05 -0400
From: Raymond Pete <pete@...kiosk.com>
To: skienlab@...il.com
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Airkiosk/formlib application is XSS vuln

Had "Skein" posted to this group (bugtraq) asking for contact
information he would have received a response.  His posting here is
inaccurate and speculative.

The 3rd party module formlib.pl contained an error in handling/printing
of unsanitized Input data, which could lead to a malicious user
injecting code into the users displayed page via a custom generated
link, if this subroutine was called AND the users browser does not
encode the input string.

SECURITY IMPLICATIONS:

Low.  "Skein" has written separately (not on bugtraq) that the danger
was "for who want to steal cookies."  This speculation concerns sessions
in which cookies are involved.   However, the AirKiosk system does not
rely on cookies for session management.  The AirKiosk system does not
use cookies at all, and we discourage their use generally.

STATUS:

formlib.pl has been patched where applicable and possible code injection
is no longer possible.

Raymond Pete
Operations Director, AirKiosk Systems
Sutra, Inc.