From: guninski at guninski.com (Georgi Guninski)
Subject: On sf sell out

Here are my 2 stotinki on Securityfocus's sell out.

I don't mind aleph1 & co. taking $75M. What I am concerned what price we
shall pay for it. ($75M is too much for collecting other people's 0days,
IMHO)

What scares me about Securityfocus is that since the beginning 2002
they started not posting some of my posts to bugtraq but seem to post
"politically correct" messages.

They went so far to not post a real vulnerability  [1](later indirectly
confirmed by Microsoft in a bulletin, not fixed yet).
Then I decided - no 0days for securityfocus and started posting only
comments and opinions, mainly on the topic of full disclosure.
Most of them didn't get to the list, though the opposite of my opinions were
posted.

Hope they don't turn into mainstream media outlet and use the power of
moderation for labelling people and ideas as good and bad in their user
base.

Note: I don't mean to whine for them moderating me down, it is their right
to do whatever they want with their mailing lists, but think this should be
publicly known.

[1] http://www.guninski.com/signedactivex.html (also check ver. 2.0)

Georgi Guninski
http://www.guninski.com