From: len at netsys.com (Len Rose)
Subject: Administrivia

I'd like to mention a few things that have been on my mind.

There are many people who'd like to see this list disappear,
and not just the so-called "black-hats".

The list was founded with the idea that moderation, censorship,
and misuse of the information that the community contributed
was evil, and should be stopped.

The very people who are defecating in public on this list,
should realize that they are in fact defecating on their own
silver platter.

This platter being handed to them by someone who wanted to
provide a place where they could share ideas, communicate their
opinions, and to be heard equally without being stifled in any
manner.

There are no hats, there are only hackers. People like to
organize the world into little boxes, but unfortunately, it
isn't that simple.

You cannot condemn once side or the other at all times, you can
only condemn specific actions by specific people, at specific
actions. There is no black or white, there are only shades.

This list takes no position on anything other than the desire
to communicate without moderation, censorship, misuse of the
information shared, and the delay of shared information.

If there is anything that my life has taught me, it's been
that nothing worth anything is without a  price. I've paid
that price, and am still paying.

We will not moderate the list. The list will not go away, and
we hope that everyone can see the situation for what it is.

Len