From: anodyne68040 at yahoo.com (Anodyne Perspective)
Subject: more than idle threats I'm afraid

--- security@...tralia.edu wrote:
[snip]
>     To make a long story short, I woke up yesterday
> to find this in my home
> directory :
>
> ./MeMe156/agent.agency.08.14.02.2348/added
> .agent.sol
>

> after looking through ;
> /var/adm/messages
> /var/adm/syslog
>
> to no avail, I used what I thought to be a clever
> script that logs
> auth.notice messages. NOTHING
>
> /var/log/utmp; /var/log/utmpx
> /var/log/wtmp; /var/log/wtmpx
> /var/log/syslog
>
> nothing. But then /var/log/sulog  showed me this;
> SU 03/31 12:52 + pts/0 <userid>-root
>  and /var/adm/messages revealed this
> Mar 31 12:48:41 ***.***.***.*** unix: rebooting...
>
> almost convenient that it was there at all. If
> anyone else has any
> information remotely related please respond.
>
> I administer a private lab running 2 Sun LX50's
> involved in active Ionospheric
> research and HF analysis.

[snip]

Sure, more than an idle threat to you, but only
because you waited too long to mitigate or prevent the
usability or an exploit on your systems, or you didn't
prevent remote/networked access prior to now.  What's
new about this?  What's especially scary?  Nothing.

These kids are full of piss and wind.  Increasing age
prevents an inexhaustible supply of them.  Humor them.
 It's funny to watch them rant about the coming
apocalypse of blackhat justice.