From: madsaxon at direcway.com (madsaxon)
Subject: pissed off

At 09:36 AM 4/28/03 -0500, Steve wrote:

>Ditto, kindness inspite of reason to be so is greatness, and ultimately
>helps everyone. It's easy to be annoyed with others but impressive when
>not displayed.

Reading this list frequently reminds me of a "Calvin and Hobbes"
strip which says, in part:

         Finding consensus and common ground is dull.
         Nobody wants to watch a civilized discussion
         that acknowledges ambiguity and complexity.
         We want to see fireworks!  We want the sense
         of solidarity and identity that comes from
         having our interests narrowed and exploited
         by like-minded zealots.  Talk show hosts,
         political candidates, news programs, special
         interest groups...they all become successful
         by reducing debates to the level of shouted
         rage.  Nothing gets solved, but we're all
         entertained.

If only Bill Watterson were on this list.

m5x