From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: RE: power, corruption and lies

You have to understand, UPPER Management, once it exists, cannot be
destroyed except by death or calamity.  Thus while your CEO might well
drive your corporation into banruptcy, rest assured that a few weeks and
or months down the road another organization will be filling headliones
and announcements about their hiring this failre to become your companies
new CEO to fight the good battle that he lost for the former company just
recently and failed at.  This always brings tidings of great joy and warm
fuzzies to the employees the management failure is now adopting into.
Corporate memory is about as fleeting as voter memory.  If voter memory
was any level higher then it has maintained in the past 200+ years, then
we'd have not seen the rise again of Nixon in the 70's, nor perhaps the
reelection of so many of the dopes in congress that step on their own
tongues from time to time when they've had a cocktail too many to know
better then to denigrate the current popular minority groups...

we get the government we deserve.

corporate america is all about musical chairs...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, yossarian wrote:

> > > This has effectively doomed (almost) the entire IT industry
> > > to corruption. Yes, all the way from software to hardware,
> > > from sales to support, the IT industry is corrupt.
> >
> > You've got a keen insight into the IT industry, Steve.
> >
> > You CAN get paid for refusing to be involved in the massive fraud that the
> IT
> > business became in the 1990's... You simply have to know what type of work
> > get involved in. Maybe the market for IT products and services will
> undergo a
> > real shakeout of its entrenched criminal element over the next couple of
> years
> > and honesty can gain a bit of a foothold.
>
> > My sense is that the Internet bubble
> > in the stock markets actually removed a number of the perpetuators of the
> > worst offenses by making them so wealthy that they simply retired from the
> > business.
>
> That is what i hoped at the time of the tech-slump in the early 90-s. But
> alas, when the biz took off again in '97/8, these very same people came
> back, and since they had the money and the 'experience', they were not only
> allowed back in, but put in charge by VC's and banks. I've seen the people
> at the cause of the '91 slump hailed as guru's and saviours in '98/99.
>
> The corruption is at more levels than the top, i think since us propheads
> are masochistic by nature.And the cowboys have set an example - if someone
> wises up, he will just do what the role-models did: get rich fast, buy a
> black porsche, sell the lousy company to a group of investors that don't
> care anyway, and don't know a thing.
>
> Sadder and wiser now, my expectation is that they'll all be back, to mess
> things up again, somewhere in '06. And if the rythm stays, again in '15 and
> '24. Maybe i'll have my black porsche in '07....
>
> yossarian

> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
> Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.