From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Schmehl, Paul L)
Subject: Re: Participation in System Administrator Survey

Look, I know full well how to hit delete.  Not only that but I'm even
intelligent enough to set up filters and blocks to keep from getting
mail I don't want.  {{ohmigod!!}}

The *entire* point of this ridiculous exercise is to inform *him* that
it is *not okay* to spam people simply because you need to get a survey
done.  I *ignored* his spam.  When he posted here as well, I felt it
necessary to point out to him that his actions were wrong.  If you can't
figure that out, then I can't help you.

Again, if you had actually *read* what I posted, you *should* have
picked up on the fact that he spammed *individually* an entire list of
people who are all on a private list.  He obviously harvested that list
somehow.  He *did not* spam the list.  He doesn't have rights to post,
because the list is *private*.  (I cannot believe I'm actually having to
explain this on *this* list!!)

BTW, "sophisticated people" don't just hit delete, because they
understand the impact that spam has on the Internet.  And what happened
to your "replies to /dev/null" anyway?

That's where any from you or the list on this topic will go now.  I'm
done trying to explain stuff that members of this list should understand
already.

Sheesh!!

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer