From: th at zeno.com (Troy)
Subject: Re: Participation in System Administrator Survey

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:44:42 -0500, "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls@...allas.edu> wrote:

> Again, if you had actually *read* what I posted, you *should* have
> picked up on the fact that he spammed *individually* an entire list of
> people who are all on a private list.  He obviously harvested that list
> somehow.  He *did not* spam the list.  He doesn't have rights to post,
> because the list is *private*.  (I cannot believe I'm actually having to
> explain this on *this* list!!)

Until you wrote this, I did not realize that he harvested the emails
from another list. When you said that he "spammed [you] and everyone
else on another private list," I misunderstood and assumed that meant he
spammed the list, which others apparently also did. Now that I've gone
back and re-read your message, it's clear, but it was easy to mis-read,
especially since I was just skimming through this thread.

--
Troy