From: uidzer0 at sptrm.com (uidzer0)
Subject: OT but related.

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 17:01, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> I think the fact that someone on FD will still subscribe to BT and pass
> along anything that misses this list takes care of bridging that gap.

And it's not just bugtraq, but looks like the gap is being bridged in
Incidents as well?:

From: <somebody>
To: incidents@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Cisco IOS Denial of Service that affects most Cisco IOS
routers- requires power cycle to recover
Date: 18 Jul 2003 10:43:33 +0200

Hi All

Just a heads up that an exploit for this ahs been released into the
wild.
Details can be found at the URL below.

http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2003-July/011421.html

> <tongue in cheek>
> unless Symantec decides to claim copyrights on all bugtraq submissions
> </tongue in cheek>

Yeah, wouldn't that be the day. Symantec.. Booooo! >:)

> Agree. I tend to prefer the "Wild West" environment that FD offers. You get
> relevant information and good wholesome entertainment to boot. I subscribe
> to both, and will probably continue to do so. But, if I had to drop
> one...Bugtraq would be gone.

Absolutely! I would definitely say that FD is chock full of good,
wholesome, security info, whether it's a good or bad thing for the
community. And yes, the entertainment is great. What's really
entertaining to me is the peoples' reactions that just can't handle hard
truths, bluntness, and just overall sarcasm.. :)

And to prove the point even more, here is more entertainment from a Mr.
Andy Wood.

<snip>

Pauly should-a Picked Apart A Hack Attack Packet, but the admin couldn't
track the stack smack cause he lacks the faqs. So, as the fast hacks
fulfilled their 'Chronic' snacks attacks while surfing the campus fibre
backs and covering their syn-ack tracks, little pauly whishes he had a
tool that that could keep him from playin the suck-a fool.  Adjunct for
a reason, are we?

</snip>

heh:)

> --