From: cheekypeople at sec33.com (CHeeKY)
Subject: How to easily bypass a firewall...

know if the scene since hacks began Paul, if you insist on a layer 7
firewall then thats your failing, for home users minimal should be NAT
router with a layer 7 firewall, other build ya own ipcop or openbsd on a 386
or higher, that way you can bring in ids and have layers, or at least become
a checkpoint man as I am and have that at home on ipso hehehe, seriously at
the end of the day, the patches and your own common sense relating to opsys
hardening and understanding your system and what you put on it, should do
you the best.
All it comes down to is being bothered and having common sense, putting
anything on the net now, should be protected to hell, that is a absolute
must, not something you do later, most hacks from the scene or becuase
people either dont have the common sense or cant be bother, then they their
own worst enemy.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com