From: brobson at fulcrum.com.au (Benjamin M.A. Robson)
Subject: MSBlast DDoS

This is almost right.  The packets should go straight to the firewall
and out to the Internet, unless there is a device (such as the firewall
itself) performing some sort of NAT redirect for the purposes of a
transparent proxy.  If this is the case then the packets will be sent
via the proxy, and if they are not properly formed HTTP commands (GET,
HEAD, etc..) the proxy server should reject them as bogus.

So... If no transparent proxying, then straight out firewall.  If
transparent proxying exists, then via proxy servers.

BenR.