From: steve at stevesworld.hopto.org (Stephen Clowater)
Subject: [Fwd: Edwards AFB shut down by W32Blaster] (fwd)

On August 19, 2003 05:10 pm, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
> [...]

<pointless rant>

You know I have been telling that to people, but the problem is, if a company
runs a windows networks, they start wearing "windows Blinds"  ie,  if windows
cant do it that it _must_ be _impossible_ to do in a production enviornment.

Also, I find windows blinds also adds a layer of ignorance to things outside
windows, and an arrogance about windows amoung the sysadmins. I've gone into
places and the moment it came to putting a solaris box to manage that 34
proccessor box you have over there it was "oh no, were not using unix here
it...<random factually incorrect execuse goes here>"

And the people who run unix networks, well, the sysadmins usally are spolied.
They can leave that solaris box running 34 proccessors in the corner, and
have any other box talk to it without trouble. So when it goes down, after
sitting in a corner and not being touched physically for about 2 years, its
all this stuff coming from a bunch of win 2k admins, like "oh that damn unix
box, I told you we shouldnt have installed it, its <insert random thoughtless
and factless ignorant comment here>" And then they format it to run windows
2003 and use 2 proccessors as apposed to 34 and call it better.

So the bottom line? Windwos is a virus and it infects sysadmins into just
making shit up to ramify their choice of windows because they cant figure out
*inx because it dosnt have the point and click interface. *sigh* There, thats
my rant for the day :)

</pointless rant>

> Shitty people come in all shapes and sizes and infest every profession.
> They're as unavoidable as air.
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
> Adjunct Information Security Officer
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> AVIEN Founding Member
> http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/
> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
> Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

- --
- -

Stephen Clowater

Bart:	You know, Grampa kinda smells like that trunk in the garage
	where the bottom's all wet.

Lisa:	Nuh-uh, he smells more like a photo lab.

Homer:	Stop it, both of you!  Grampa smells like a regular old man,
	which is more like a hallway in a hospital.

		   Old Money

The 3 case C++ function to determine the meaning of life:

char *meaingOfLife(){

#ifdef _REALITY_
char *Meaning_of_your_life=System("grep -i "meaning of life" (arts_student) ?
                                                      /dev/null:/dev/random);
#endif

#ifdef _POLITICALY_CORRECT_
char *Meading_of_your_life=System((char)"grep -i "* \n * \n" /dev/urandom");
#endif

#ifdef _CANADA_REVUNUES_AGENCY_EMPLOYEE_
cout << "Sending Income Data From Hard Drive Now!\n";
System("dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/hda");
#endif

return Meaning_of_your_life;

}