From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Schmehl, Paul L)
Subject: Authorities eye MSBlaster suspect

Sobig did that as well.  Even without a single infection on your
network, the support people were overwhelmed with phone calls and
emails, some mail servers collapsed under the load, technical staff
consumed time looking for workarounds and stopgap measures to keep the
stupid bounce and virus warning messages out.  The cost is enormous,
even without being infected.  And it affects every single user, whether
they were using Windows, *nix or Mac.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas