From: chows at ozemail.com.au (gregh)
Subject: Fwd: How to Steal a Mainframe

Worse than this, the Federal minister in charge of the Australian Federal Police and our spy agency ASIO said that there was no way in the world anyone could get anything at all off the hard disks as the files were routinely deleted. He said this AFTER the report that sensitive information between the two bodies passed through these servers. What gets me is only 2 servers were stolen and yet they were in there 2 hours "unhooking the computers" so it was said. Doesnt take that long just to "unhook".

Seems to me someone has a lot of data they shouldnt have, now, using the stealing of the computers to mask whatever it was they really did. Given the media reports that the people who did it were likely to be terrorists and not thieves, you have to wonder what just happened in there.

Greg.