From: jheidtke at fmlh.edu (Jerry Heidtke)
Subject: Foundstone DCOM Scanner

At about the time I sent the message below, ISS released an update to
xfrpcss.exe which apparently resolves some or most of the accuracy
problems. Of course, there's no notice of this on their web site, nor
does the executable contain any kind of version identification.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the efforts and generosity of the
vendors making these tools freely available. But releasing scanning
tools with major accuracy problems, followed by silent upgrades, really
does little good to the people who are trying to use these tools to save
their users, employers, and themselves.

Jerry