From: sgmasood at yahoo.com (S G Masood)
Subject: The Funeral   [REF: OISAFETY should be "criminalized." & Administrivia: Noise and Politics]

Hello all,

Here's my take on Mark Antony's famous "Friends,
Romans, Countrymen" speech from Julius Caesar [1].

BTW, OIS [2] is Organization for Internet Safety(no
pun here).

PLAY - FULL DISCLOSURE
======================

SCENE II.
---------

THE FUNERAL
------------

{ Our hero Disclosure has died and its soul has gone
back to the underground from where it originated.
Everything goes round in circles you see. Probably OIS
killed it...who knows? It's intentions were never
hidden. A few oldtime disclosure advocates gather
around (ofcourse discreetly) at the funeral and
someone
harangues them thus - }

Friends, Admins, Users, lend us your eyeballs;
We come to bury Disclosure, not to praise it.
The code that programmers write leaks after them;
The patch is oft rented with new holes.

Let us forget Disclosure. The (ig)noble OIS
has told you that Disclosure was dangerous:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault
And grievously has Disclosure answer'd it.
Here under leave of OIS and the rest --
For OIS is a powerful clan;
So are all its members powerful men --
Come we to speak in Disclosure's funeral.

It was a defense, trustful and just to the admins:
But OIS says it was dangerous;
And OIS is a powerful clan.
It hath stomped many bugs to doom
Whose signatures did the IDS' fill:
Did this in Disclosure seem dangerous?
When the vendors lied, Disclosure hath kept: (the
truth)
Danger should be made of falser stuff:

Yet OIS says it was dangerous;
And OIS is a powerful clan.
You all did see that on the Script Kiddies' call
Disclosure did place admins on a level playing ground,
Which the vendors always refused: Was this dangerous?
Yet OIS says it was dangerous;
And, sure, it is a powerful clan.

We speak not to disprove the policies the vendors
wrote,
But here we are to speak what we do know.
You all should be grateful to it, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for it?
O 'bug info'! thou art fled to secret desks,
And admins have lost their defense. Bear with us;
Our 'roots' are in the coffin there with Disclosure,
And we must pause till they come back to us...

REFERENCE:

[1]
http://the-tech.mit.edu/Shakespeare/julius_caesar/julius_caesar.3.2.html
(Scroll down to the "Friends, Romans, Countrymen"
part)
[2] http://www.oisafety.org

--
Cheers,