From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Schmehl, Paul L)
Subject: shout out 4 ...

Put an unpatched Win2k box on the Internet.  Wait five minutes.  Take if
off the Internet (please!) and connect it to a box running ethereal and
capture the packets.  Very simple.

The packets are 92 bytes with a 64 byte payload.  ICMP type 8, code 0.
They scan networks sequentially (1,2,3,4,etc.).

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member