From: jonathan at nuclearelephant.com (Jonathan A. Zdziarski)
Subject: Fw: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and
	transition planning

Actually as a unix guy I prefer Solaris without the CDE (just text
mode).  Linux is really only useful to me as a desktop environment
(although I realize why many people run it on the server).  I can easily
handle Debian, Slackware, or any other Linux distribution I've had my
hands on, but I _preferred_ to support RedHat because, prior to this
whole ordeal, they appeared to have a real vision for providing an
alternative to the Windows operating system - not of benefit to me, but
of great benefit to the companies and IT departments I've worked
with/for in the past and present... and it's worth my fifty bucks to
help make it (and linux) succeed as a desktop solution.  Now that RH has
gone whoring for money, SuSe is probably the closest thing to providing
a full desktop solution...so I'm going to support that until they follow
in RH's footsteps.  It's not about what I personally can handle, it's
about what the average granny with a new 'puter can handle...and finding
a good solution for her that's sane enough for us savvy users as well.