From: madsaxon at direcway.com (madsaxon)
Subject: more security people =3D less securityi

At 12:05 PM 2/5/2004 -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
>I finished in twenty minutes, and passed.  The last person walked out of
>there two hours into the exam.  I signed an NDA that I don't remember the
>details of, so I'm loathe to disclose any specific details, but let's just
>say that I'd be surprised if my technophobic mother failed the exam.

I'm a CISSP because I made a bet I could walk in off the street
and pass the exam.  I did.  I'd been doing it for a living for
15 years already at that point, though.

Having said that, however, let me also state that if someone
has CISSP or CISM or whatever, at least an employer knows
they've been exposed to the concepts and terminology of
the field.  That's really all these certs are good for.  They
don't separate the wheat from the chaff, just the infosec
chaff from the other chaff.

m5x