From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: Support the Sasser-author fund started

On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:32:06 EDT, Exibar said:
> give me a break,  there are laws that are "misguided" in all the other
> countries in the world as well.  People just like to pick on the biggest kid
> on the block....

But your original statement was:

"As for the twerp that said that US laws aren't sane, go pound sand"

It's usually a bad idea to tell people to go pound sand when they're in
fact right.  Unless of course you don't care about the fact that they
are right.

You're much better off avoiding being inflammatory - your next
paragraph is much better:

>   At least in the States if you don't like a law you can try and do
> something about it, in a lot of other countries you could get thrown in jail
> for speaking out against the government.

True.  That isn't a very strong moral ground to be standing on when somebody
points out that there are laws that need fixing, and which we're failing to do
so - unless you want to count the media conglomerates that are trying to
break copyright law even further, or the "unintended consequences" of
this misguided piece of proposed legislation:

http://news.com.com/2010-1014_3-5209091.html