From: cmr at iisc.com (Charles Richmond)
Subject: defamatory joe job attack by botnet

On Jun 24, 2004, at 11:43 PM, lsi wrote:

> I can report that not only is this activity continuing, but it is
> doing so under the names of ... well, me, at least - I have received
> several bounces indicating that my email address is being used as the
> "from" address.

The spammers are using addresses from bugtraq submissions
and other security lists also. Clearly it is to their advantage to
harass those of us who are at all active on the security and
anti-spam side. It took Verizon months to stop blocking based
on spoofed addresses and Barry Shein's "Software Tool & Die"
(std.com) is still blocking based on spoofed addresses.

It  behooves all of us to do our best to block actual spammers
and not their spoofed victims.

                                                   Charles Richmond

       Implemented Integrated Systems Corporation  http://www.iisc.com
     O/S, I18N, Systems Development, Process and Integration Providers
     cmr@...c.com   cmr@....org   YIM:cmriisc  http://www.iisc.com/cmr
            7B West St., Somerville, Ma. USA 02144  (781) 389 9777