From: mvp at joeware.net (joe)
Subject: Web sites compromised by IIS attack

Heck I wouldn't mind seeing that in just electrical, natural/propane gas,
and water services. Delivery of those products is considered a service.
Getting that in software is a pipe dream if you can't get it in core
services aka utilities such as the ones listed which are considered
"critical".

I also happen to disagree with your conclusion. I think you would find that
the software service providers would be more focused on setting up rules
under which they will offer you an SLA in terms of what hardware, what
software, who modifies the machine. I have been in the computer support
industry in various ways for quite a while and almost always working with
SLAs. Quality isn't the big thing you see in SLAs, it is holes to get out of
having to perform to the SLA level. Dragging lawyers into the software arena
is not going to help anything. You want to drag lawyers somewhere, consider
some place wet and deep. The legal world is not, in my opinion, making this
a better world to live in. Just more lawsuit prone.

  joe