From: system.outage at gmail.com (System Outage)
Subject: Yahoo!

Heh.. Don't worry. I won't tell this list about the numerous cookie
exploits which lead to thousands, probably millions of Yahoo!
account's being compromised last year.

If only the media had picked up on it at the time. It would have been
a massive story for people like CNet News to run. Some things are ment
to be kept underground, I guess.

It's amazing the stuff that never makes it onto public security
mailing lists, and it seem's like only the small issues are post here
by security groups (for Yahoo! at least).

And about telling Yahoo! about issues. I've given up on that now. They
are ignorant people at the address security@...oo-inc.com. They only
care for themselfs and have little public relation skills. They burnt
there bridges with me and now they'll suffer. They know I get hold of
alot of information for Yahoo! and send it to them directly at
security@...oo-inc.com or via other employee's who send it to the
security team.

I've noticed also from past advisories on here by the big security
groups that Yahoo! Security seem to have a problem with public
relations and the lack of feedback they give people.

Anyway, it's not my problem anymore. They can find there own security
loopholes from now on. I'm finished with helping them out, as I have
done indirectly over the past 6 years and to security@...oo-inc.com
directly for the last 1/2 years.

The script kiddies who hang on Yahoo! Chat will probably burn the
place down (and that's just the ones who claim to have carried the out
Akamia attack on Yahoo!), if they haven't managed to do so already.

Cheerio