From: avivra at gmail.com (Aviv Raff)
Subject: Is Mozilla's "patch" enough?

How can it not be a security flaw of mozilla if a setting in the
user.js overrides the global security setting defined by a patch, and
any manual setting defined by the user through the about:config?

I understand that if an attacker has the ability to change the user.js
file he can do worse things, but why should there be a way to override
security patches without uninstalling them?

I think user.js (or the lockPref settings in mozila.cfg) makes Mozilla
more spyware/worms oriented.