From: nils at steering-group.net (Nils Ketelsen)
Subject: SP2 is killing me. Help?

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:24:33AM -0400, ASB wrote:
> SP2 works fine, so long as people actually read the deployment docs
> *prior* to installing it.
>
> There's always going to be someone who can't install a patch or hotfix
> (or the OS, for that matter)

And sometimes the patch tries to be a smartass. In my case SP2 intalled its
temp-files not to my TEMP-folder, but to another drive (I guess it just took
the drive with the most available diskspace). That, in my case was an iSCSI
drive in a remote location I had mounted for testing. That made the
installation rather slow in the beginning and crashed it completely later.

Thank you for bringing us the TEMP variable, Microsoft.

Nils

--
In den fr?hen Morgenstunden explodierten in der Innenstadt zwei Atombomben.
Menschen wurden dabei nicht verletzt. Fuer die Bevoelkerung bestand zu