From: keydet89 at yahoo.com (Harlan Carvey)
Subject: SP2 is killing me. Help?

> i agree that this is "crap update".

Ok.

> don't use windoze for anything serious, but a person
> familiar with windoze
> said sp2 breaks so much warez it is unusable.

Just how useful is a phrase like "breaks so much warez
it is unusable"?

So far, I've seen multiple posts to various lists
where many users are reporting no problems at all.
Now and again...sporadically...there are the one-zies
and two-zies indicating that something else is going
on.  For example, one poster mentioned that the main
window in focus will blink three times and then go
fuzzy.  To that poster, I would suggest checking with
the vendor that provided your video driver.

There is a post on NTBugTraq that indicates that SP2
breaks the raw socket functionality used by nmap.

But other than that, I don't really see much else.
Admittedly, when I see statements such as "breaks so
much warez it is unusable", I pretty much ignore them,
and chalk them up to MS-bashing.  After all, if the
person were serious, one would expect more information
about which "warez" is affected, what sort of
behaviour was observed, etc.  If the best you can
provide is "some warez"...don't bother.