From: Rainer-Peter.Feller at mail.physnet.uni-hamburg.de (Rainer P. Feller)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author
	of Sasser worm

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 11:21, Feher Tamas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The german IT security company "Securepoint" has hired Sven
> Jaschan, who wrote and spread the Sasser Internet worm,
> which caused widespread and costly damages to legions of
> Windows computers.
>
> He will work as a developer for security softwares such as
> firewalls.
>
> This is a scandal! Whether or not you like the 250k USD
> head-hunting bounty which Microsoft Corp. paid to have Mr.
> Jaschan nailed, he is still a criminal.  Hiring him is a
> taboo. It is totally unacceptable to picture him as a modern
> age Robin Hood or freedom fighter. He is a criminal, similar
> to an arsonist, who sets a house alight and the fire spreads
> to an entire city.
>
> I urge all to boycott the Securepoint and I urge those who
> suffered losses due to the Sasser worm to sue Securepoint
> and seek damages. VXing must end and we must send a strong
> message to teenagers that cracking is not hacking and will
> not be tolerated.
>
> Securepoint website:
> http://www.securepoint.cc/
>
> Info about Sven Jaschan's hiring:
> http://www.f-secure.com/weblog#00000296
>
> Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
> Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

Hey man, get serious!

This young guy at least know the busines, so why do not hire him,
in this case he is on the right side of the firewall.

So calm down!
Reading the full story of that guy may also help.

If M$ had done its job properbly writing that kind of a virus
would have been impossible.

CUH Rainer Peter Feller