From: adf at code511.com (adf--at--Code511.com)
Subject: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm

On Sep 20, 2004, at 11:21 AM, Feher Tamas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The german IT security company "Securepoint" has hired Sven
> Jaschan, who wrote and spread the Sasser Internet worm,
> which caused widespread and costly damages to legions of
> Windows computers.

what about legions of bad admins and bad coders, isn't it worst and
more damagable?

> He will work as a developer for security softwares such as
> firewalls.
>
> This is a scandal! Whether or not you like the 250k USD
> head-hunting bounty which Microsoft Corp. paid to have Mr.
> Jaschan nailed, he is still a criminal.
Why should he be death sentence for writing virus? Should he no life,
no work IF he's responsible?

>   Hiring him is a taboo. It is totally unacceptable to picture him as
> a modern
> age Robin Hood or freedom fighter. He is a criminal, similar
> to an arsonist, who sets a house alight and the fire spreads
> to an entire city.

ok cool now he's a criminal call the FBI, CCU of Germany and you'll a 2
cents reward.
Hiring hacker/crackers or what ever security experts isn't new and
sometimes is part of a marketing plan.

> I urge all to boycott the Securepoint and I urge those who
> suffered losses due to the Sasser worm to sue Securepoint
> and seek damages. VXing must end and we must send a strong
> message to teenagers that cracking is not hacking and will
> not be tolerated.
Sue the CIO who force companies to use 1 type of OS for user's
workstation, sue the admin for not patching IOS, OS, softwares.
Oh wait... cracking ?? What's the point sasser?

</useless reply>

-Deepquest
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius
has its limits." - Albert Einstein