From: mvp at joeware.net (joe)
Subject: Windoze almost managed to 200x repeat 9/11

Again, there are valid uses of GetTickCount and there are safe ways of doing
so. If there is concern, I do recommend testing functionality associated
with each of the DLLs. You might find a bug you can report for kudos.

On the incident, I would guess the vendor never had a clue it would do that.

That function can't return more than 49.7 days without breaking every app
that currently uses it. MS can not do that. That is why there is another
function to get the info with a different datatype. See my other posts.

  joe