From: simon at xhz.ca (Simon)
Subject: House approves spyware legislation

> As a tech support guy you could have talked them through using the
> command-line ftp client.

Good idea, with someone that take about 90 second to type his own email
address I may end that call within the next hour! ;)

And for the others, the call will probably take at least 15 minutes and we
are supposed to keep calls below 8 minutes, or else the phone queue starts
rising, clients are waiting and getting irritated by our bad tech-service...

Besides, the ISP I work for does not support anything that happens outside
of the "service" we provide.  If the internet actually reaches the computer,
we're done, it's not our business if the computer has some trouble that
prevents it from accessing the internet.  Though we do deal with the obvious
and easy to fix.  Such as misconfigured firewalls, paranoid anti-viruses,
etc...

But the procedure you mention, I could do them, but the other agents, my co-
workers, do not know about this and if a client calls back saying that they
need to do it again, but with another agent, we screwed things right there.
Everybody in the call center would need proper training to do this
procedure, which should be, but unfortunately, I don't work for the right
ISP, they don't care much about the clients.

But I'll have a word about this with my supervisor, and I'll try to move
things a bit more.  Actually, the best thing to do would be to mirror the
anti-adwarez we suggest to our clients (I personnally suggest ad-aware) so
that they don't need to get the browser, just the anti-adwarez and use their
IE again right after.  That would simplify things and help clients and us as
well very much.

So, I'm forwarding your post to my job email and thanks a lot for the
suggestion!

Simon

--
Simon Lemieux (Simon@....ca)