From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: OT: U.S. 2004 Election Fraud.

--On Sunday, November 14, 2004 06:02:41 PM +1100 Dave Horsfall
<dave@...sfall.org> wrote:

> Let me see if I have this right, as this could well be a computer
> security  issue (the reported discrepancies between the exit polls and
> the actual  vote, with an interesting correlation to the actual
> vote-recording box  used in that area).

No, it's not a security issue.  There is no correlation between electronic
balloting and supposed anomalies.  A number of competent scientists have
proven this conclusively.  Why we are still even talking about it is a
mystery.

> Or doesn't the statistical bell-curve work here?

No, it doesn't.

> You don't vote for your beloved leader (as they do in some places).  You
> don't even vote for your beloved party (as they do in Britain and
> Australia, the former being where I was born and the latter being where I
> live).
>
> Instead, you vote for a bunch of people who will vote on your behalf,
> usually by ignoring the popular vote and casting it 100% for their party.
>
> What did I miss?

The entire thing.  We *do* vote for the leader we want.  Just read the
Federalist Papers if you want to understand how the American political
system works and why it's designed the way that it is.

Again, this has nothing to do with security, so stop filling up the list
with it.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas