From: streck at papafloh.de (Florian Streck)
Subject: OT: U.S. 2004 Election Fraud.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 12:02:16PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> >Instead, you vote for a bunch of people who will vote on your behalf,
> >usually by ignoring the popular vote and casting it 100% for their party.

No. The problem with the system is that the relation between the votes a
state has in the presidetial election and the number of inhabitants of
this state differs between the states. So it's possible for a candidate
that has less votes to become president. Even without fraud.

> The entire thing.  We *do* vote for the leader we want.  Just read the
> Federalist Papers if you want to understand how the American political
> system works and why it's designed the way that it is.

Wasn't the reason for the Electors that at that time it was not
practicable to make a direct election due to the great distances in
America?

> Again, this has nothing to do with security, so stop filling up the list
> with it.

Why stop the people from leraning?

Florian