From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (bkfsec)
Subject: "You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail
 to an otherwise GOOD security email list."

Michael Evanchik wrote:

>I have no problem with this list.  I use a tool to passively filter this
>list the same that I do for the spam problem that has taken over planet
>earth....
>
>In your email client there is a button that will take care of this for you.
>
>Look for something in the respects of "DELETE"
>
>Anyone who can not decipher what is good and what is bad should be
>unsubscribed instead.

Agreed.  But some people, of course, the first thing they think of when
they read something they don't like/agree with is "lock it down, control
everything, and remove the offender!"

When you're talking about networks and crime scenes, yeah - that works.
When you're talking about open mailing lists, it should only be used in
extreme circumstances (moderated mailing lists are a different story)...

We're not there yet...  the delete key is still quite functional for
weeding out the noise.

             -Barry