From: devis at easynix.net (devis)
Subject: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

This message is primarily destined to all MS trolls, no matter their
levels, and i can see so many in this list that i am happy to target a
large audience.

Please run some unix or at least read about the unix permission system,
and lets pray god this sheds some light in your mono cultured brains.
Here are the relevant points:

1) Despite recent ameliorations of MS ( multi user finally, permissions
... ) and some effort at making the system more secure, something very
important is still left out: The first default user of the MS computer
is made an administrator. This comes down to giving uid0 to ur first
unix user. Unix does NOT do that. It requieres you to use su and become
root ( administrator ) after proper credentials submission ( password ).
The first user is NOT and administrator, and any recent Unix
documentation will insist on the danger of running as root(admin). Unix
keeps the admin account well separated from the user account, which MS
DOESN'T, despite all wrong arguments i read on this list. VERY BAD
practice generally. So its user friendly, as the user has admin rights
and can therefore install and remove software and change major
configuration. Majority of users don't and will never know there is an
'administrator' user that hides from their eyes.
This little detail that apparently Ms people can't 'understand' is  a
huge step. Please install a proper unix, create 2 accounts and try to
read the home directory of the second user from the first.

2) "After all, they don;t need to know" . " You're on a need to know
basis job"
Do MS really think the users are stupid ? Do understanding different
IDs/ roles / accounts on a computer that much of a tough message to pass
to the end user ? Isn't security important and supposedly the goal of
recent MS developpements ? If they really did target security, their
efforts will have been into making the user understand that he should be
admin to install programs, and a non priviledged user to surf the web.
IS that that hard to understand ? And that much hidden into high IT
security professionnal unreachable knowledge ? I don;t think so. Doesn't
a company such as MS has enough ressources to make that a priority and
educate the users ? Off course it has. Just not very 'commercially'
friendly as if user then understand roles, it might requires less Anti
virus, personnal firewall and other bullshit FUD's scareware ( Yes its
scareware, and it is the best selling software category OF ALL times of
software history ).

This is why, Firefox being independant from this OS that carries 60 of
its code base as being legacy code for older system hardware and
backward compatibility, is likely more secure than the in house
integrated application. Now if u are running Firefox as an administrator
.....don't be surprised if something happens. Don;t blame the software,
but your poor security practices.

Lets not hide from ourselves whats needed from MS to reach modern world
security:
a complete rewrite, and a ditch of old Dos base and the 20 years old
legacy code.

Hopes that clears things.