From: live4java at stormcenter.net (Mister Coffee)
Subject: previledge password in cisco routers

Good point.  "Access recovery" might be a more appropriate description.
   I had several opportunities to recover access to 3600 series routers
when their previous admin left without bothering to document Enable for
us. It's also possible to do remotely - assuming you have remote access
to the console _and_ a way to remote power cycle the router - but this
requires a bit of forethought.

Remote console access isn't uncommon (Cisco 2511's, anyone?) but remote
power control is considerably less common.