Date: Fri Aug 26 01:57:36 2005
From: forensis.technica at gmail.com (Technica Forensis)
Subject: talk.google.com

> I don't understand the big fuss over google talk.

I think the fuss has to do with the 'Privacy' paragraph in the terms of service:
"You agree that Google may access or disclose your personal
information, including the content of your communications" and
"Personal information collected by Google may be stored and processed
in the United States or any other country in which Google Inc. or its
agents maintain facilities"

Google itself is located in 11 locations in U.S. and:
Dublin, Ireland
London & Manchester, UK
Sydney, Australia
Toronto & Ontario, Canada
Copenhagen, Denmark
Paris, France
Hamburg, Germany
Bangalore & Hyderabad, India
Milano, Italy
Tokyo, Japan
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Madrid, Spain
Stockholm, Sweden

So, anything I say over gTalk will be stored and can be retreived by
any of these countries.