Date: Tue Sep  6 15:55:00 2005
From: miah at chia-pet.org (miah)
Subject: SSH Bruteforce blocking script

Hi,

Logging is easy, just add the same rule but with a -j LOG --log-prefix
SSHBRUTE or whatever you want.

eg;
iptables -A INPUT -m hashlimit -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 --hashlimit \
1/min --hashlimit-mode srcip --hashlimit-name ssh -m state \
--state NEW -j LOG --log-prefix SSHBRUTE

As for permantely adding hosts, why?  Poluting a firewall ruleset with a
rule that isn't going to be hit frequently is a waste.  Which is why the
hashlimit rule is perfect for this situation.

-miah