Date: Tue Sep  6 23:26:53 2005
From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: SSH Bruteforce blocking script

And yet, if one was reading the netfilter lists and looking for something
more robust, there is a script that has been maintained for a number of
months now that I'm sure will fit your needs.  I'm too busy and lazy to
get the link to it, but a simple google search should point it out and the
whole set fo nearly bi monthly threads that covers it and it's variants in
detail.

Yet, where one can limit, limiting access to sshd these days is prefered,
as openssl and the openssh code tend to be quite the problem with
maintainance, almost like the 90's with ftpd and sendmail....

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Michael L Benjamin wrote:

> Thanks miah,
>
> I wasn't aware of this functionality in iptables. It doesn't offer the
> kind of permanency or logging that
> I might want, but it's a good suggestion nonetheless for other
> services/situations.
>
> Mike.

"Sometimes you get the blues because your baby leaves you. Sometimes you get'em
'cause she comes back." --B.B. King
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.