Date: Tue Sep 27 14:43:49 2005
From: davek_throwaway at hotmail.com (Dave Korn)
Subject: Re: Re: in-line coax monitoring device

----Original Message----
>From: Volker Tanger

> Greetings!
>
> "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway@...mail.com> wrote:
>>> From: Alex Krycek
>>
>>> Добрый вечер...looking for an in-line coax monitoring device that
>>> will give me the ability to monitor/capture and decode all traffic
>>
>>   The device you are looking for does exist.  It's called a "cable
>>   modem".
>
> Even simpler: it's the T-shaped BNC coax adapter you use to connect a PC
> to the coax network.

  No it isn't.  Do you really think it's possible to broadcast two hundred
channels of video plus supply broadband IP access to a couple of hundred
people over a single 10Mb/s 10-BASE-T ethernet line of the kind that has
been obsolete for the best part of a decade?

  That's not an ethernet on that wire.

    cheers,
      DaveK