Date: Wed Nov 23 15:04:40 2005
From: wilder_jeff at msn.com (wilder_jeff Wilder)
Subject: Hacking Boot camps!

I went to a " Hacking Class".. it was put on by the infosec institute... The
class was written and delivered by a Jack Koziol, one of the authors of The
Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes. The class
I took was Advanced Ethical Hacking... it was AWESOME!

It was a great class... but by no means did I get edumacated to bill myself
as a hacker. I went at it from the perspective of .. what are tje script
kiddies using, so I can secure my network.

ANyway... my story is this...

the night before I flew out to Washington for the week class... I bought a
black ball cap, I thought I kinda knew what I was doing.. and thought :D its
my own little joke. I showed up in class wearing my " Black Hat"... and at
the 10:00 break I went back to my room and never brought it back. I came to
realize... I was really not that good.. and really knew very little. Be
skared... be very skared!

-Jeff Wilder
CISSP,CCE,C/EH