Date: Sat Nov 26 04:22:21 2005
From: rs2321 at gmail.com (R S)
Subject: Re: Hacking Boot camps!: certifications

A certification is certainly a plus a get to the door for an interview
(since the door to the interview is usually (wo)manned by
non-tecchnical HR people) and to impress non-technical people. Anyone
touting a certification to a technical person should be shown the door
since they still don't realise how little technical expertise is
actually involved in a certification.  I am certainly not belittiling
the  efforts behind your GIAC if that's what you have, but if you
think it is really worth that much it is wrong.

Hint: Compare how much of technical advancement has happened in the
security field because of published GIAC papers compared to real
technical papers coming out of academia.