Date: Mon Nov 28 15:15:17 2005
From: steve at unixwiz.net (Steve Friedl)
Subject: Secure Linux/UNIX access with PuTTY and OpenSSH

Hello all,

This isn't really a security advisory, but I hope it lives up to the
'leetness of the last several threads here (I'll mispell some words if
it'll help).

After trying to help several customers set up fully secure SSH access to
their servers *without allowing passwords*, I got tired of writing the
same instructions over and over - so I put this together in a Tech Tip
which does a tolerably good job at going from nothing to fully secured
SSH access.

        Secure Linux/UNIX access with PuTTY and OpenSSH
        http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/putty-openssh.html

If you're using Secure Shell but are *not* using public keys or the
key agents, you're really missing out on some fantastic technology:
this Tech Tip (with its many screenshots) can help get you there.

Steve (or should I say 5t3v3?)

--
Stephen J Friedl | Security Consultant |  UNIX Wizard  |   +1 714 544-6561
www.unixwiz.net  | Tustin, Calif. USA  | Microsoft MVP | steve@...xwiz.net