Date: Sun Dec 11 17:50:28 2005
From: steve_r125 at yahoo.co.uk (Steve Russell)
Subject: Famous n3td3v quotes - The Director's Cut (out
	now on DVD)

--- John Cartwright <johnc@...k.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 05:04:55AM +0000, Steve
> Russell wrote:
> > It was not a personal attack - it was humour, the
> > difference being you obviously cannot tell them
> apart.
>
> Hi
>
> As I have spent a significant amount of time
> recently
> attempting to stop list members singling out
> individuals for
> any reason I am dismayed at your disregard for my
> efforts,
> and your attempts to justify adding to the problem.
>
> There is a lot of noise centering around n3td3v at
> the moment,
> and to make jokes at the expense of one individual
> in these
> circumstances is clearly going to exascerbate the
> issue,
> amusing or otherwise.
>
> Furthermore your continued trend of replying
> publicly to
> private mail is simply rude and in breach of
> netiquette, and
> adds to the noise further. Frankly I'd hoped that
> you could
> just take note of my requests and move on ... I
> extend list
> members the courtesy of asking nicely before
> resorting to
> moderation and would hope that it is appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> - John

Don't get me wrong John, I'm not disregarding your
efforts at all and believe I can speak for most on
this list (people can disagree if they feel that way)
that we appreciate your work in maintaining this list
(when it could have gone under) which I'm a fan of,
and we extend our thanks to you for doing so.

Maybe in light of a humourous post, I should have
posted it to FunSec - but then the guys there (I
assume) don't know who n3td3v is, thus leading them to
not see the humour, which would have made it a
pointless post.

Replying publicly was my intention for everyone to see
what was going on, and that it wasn't meant to be
taken seriously - if that was offensive to you, then I
extend my apologies as well.

Thanks
-Steve