Date: Thu Dec 15 19:22:16 2005
From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: A CALL FOR FULL-DISCLOSURE TO BECOME A
	MODERATED LIST

--On Thursday, December 15, 2005 19:28:43 +0100 Enrico Kern
<phantom@....org> wrote:

> forget it,
>
> we discussed this a few weeks ago, most of the guys on this list just
> love to get spam and bullshit. The one side says "well yeah omg its no
> full-disclosure anymore with moderation" (penguin fucker style) and the
> others want the trash sorted out.
>
> Well from my point of view a moderated list will help to enhance the
> quality on full-disclosure, moderation doesnt mean that full-disclosure
> of a vulnerability isnt posslible anymore (hello wtf is wrong with you?
> we just want the trash sorted out).

any time.  If you really want a moderated version of full-disclosure,
subscribe to the ones that already exist.  (E.g.

> Actually Full-Disclosure lost so much of the art and quality it had in
> the past, its just sad. "omg omg why do you read FD if you dont like it"
> replys are wrong here, Full-Disclosure is still a great list, but its
> full of trash lately.

I am a "charter" subscriber (probably second or third one to do so,
immediately after Len announced the creation of the list.)  There's not a
bit of difference between the list now and the list when it began or any
time in between.  It is what it is.  Sometimes there's a lot of noise, and
sometimes there isn't.

One thing this list is really good for is trolling.  One troll usually
results in at least 20 or 30 responses.  You'd think guys could learn to
ignore the trolls, but such is life.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas